SMH are searching for a Payroll Administrator with experience within a payroll bureau to join our expanding practiced based out of SMH Haywood & Co, Rotherham.
As a multi-disciplined professional services company which includes Chartered Accountants, Tax Advisers, Financial Planners and Legal professionals, SMH are proud to have a long-established client base across our eight offices in Sheffield, Chesterfield, Rotherham, Wakefield, Knaresborough and Buxton.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic practice who are looking to strengthen their existing Payroll department by recruiting a confident, professional and dedicated Payroll Administrator. The position would suit an individual who is looking to not just prepare the normal payroll functions, but to help to develop the service delivered and always to be looking to see how we can improve on the service they deliver.
- Managing a portfolio of clients payrolls at any given time
- Offer advice and information to clients with regards to SMP, SSP and redundancy
- Assist in the management of a varied client portfolio from smaller limited companies through to companies with large weekly/monthly payrolls
- Process end to end payroll, including dealing with your client queries
- Reviewing and checking all aspects of payroll process
- Deal with HMRC PAYE/NI regarding queries
- Successfully build and maintain strong working relationships with existing and new clients
- Set up clients payrolls and work place pensions on software
- Cares to deliver the best service possible
- Attention to detail
Skills and Experience:
- 2-3 years payroll experience, preferrable within a payroll bureau but not essential – desirable
- Excellent telephone manner – essential
- Interpersonal skills – essential
- Good IT skills and use of Office 365 – essential
- Sage Payroll – desirable
- IRIS – desirable
What’s on offer:
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension
- 37.5 hours per week
- Comfortable and social environment
How to apply
Send your application and CV to [email protected] or call 0114 266 4432 for more information.