The practice was formed by Henry G Liversidge in 1901 at 2 Moorgate Street. Henry G Liversidge was a prominent figure in Rotherham and was the town’s first Incorporated Accountant when he became a member in 1902. He was also President of the Sheffield Incorporated Accountants from 1907 to 1909.
In 1908, the new and prestigious Imperial Buildings were opened across the road, and H.G. Liversidge became one of its first tenants: remaining there until town centre redevelopments necessitated a move to the current location on Percy Street.
As the practice grew, Albert Arthur – originally Mr. Liversidge’s Managing Clerk – became a partner in 1938 and continued to run the practice until 1994.
In 1995 Rex Johnson and Peter Randle, amalgamated the practice to form Andertons Liversidge, and moved to larger premises in Imperial Buildings.
In 2019 Andertons Liversidge merged with the SMH Group to form SMH Andertons Liversidge, with Ross Jordan Senior Manager at SMH, heading up the existing office.