SMH Jolliffe Cork are searching for an individual with experience in UK corporate tax to join our dynamic team of highly experienced accountants and tax professionals in our Wakefield office.
As a multi-disciplined professional services company which includes Chartered Accountants, Tax Advisers, Financial Planners and Legal professionals, SMH are proud to have a long-established client base across the eight offices in Sheffield, Chesterfield, Rotherham, Wakefield, Knaresborough and Buxton.
With ambitions to further your tax career, your main focus in this role will be to direct the provision of proactive taxation services to a wide range of clients, whilst also managing general tax compliance to a large portfolio of company clients, including groups.
- Leading tax advisory projects and working closely with the directors on tax planning matters
- Co-ordinating and overseeing tax compliance for a wide range of clients
- Undertaking technical tax reviews on corporation tax computations
- Reviewing the work of team members
- Overseeing the annual reporting requirements for employment-related securities and completion/review of ERS returns
- Preparation and review of forms P11D and provide advice on benefits in kind
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with clients
- Provide tax technical assistance to clients, directors and colleagues across the group
- Technically strong with a comprehensive knowledge of UK corporation tax matters
- Committed to a career in tax with experience gained from a similar role
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative
- Comfortable dealing with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Approachable with a willingness to assist and develop colleagues
Skills and Experience:
- You will ideally have significant corporate tax experience (minimum 3 years)
- Able to work effectively in a busy practice environment and ensure deadlines are met
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management
- Strong prioritisation and organisational skills
- Experience of Iris Accountancy Suite an advantage
- Must be CTA or ATT qualified
What’s on offer:
- 37.5 hours per week with modern / hybrid working pattern
- Ideally, full time permanent position, though part time considered.
- Negotiable, generous salary dependent on experience
- Company pension with Standard Life
- Study package if required
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- Comfortable and social environment
- Close to transport links and shops
- On site car parking
How to apply
Send your application and CV to Claire Lawton on [email protected] or call 01924 376 045 for more information.